Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Promethean ActivBoard (required)
While looking for information on the Promethean ActivBoard I discovered a youtube clip that talks about using the ActivBoard in the classroom. In this clip they show the students using the board in a special education classroom. While I was watching the teacher use the board I thought it was amazing how it would "flip" to the next slide, I believe this tool is known as a flip chart, but I'm not too certain. Either way though, it was a great way to transition to a page. The ActivBoard can do everything a computer may do, by projecting the image onto to the board. By using the ActivBoard projecting screens and overheads will no longer be needed because the board has replaced them. The clip also mentions that the board came from Britain, which I found very interesting because I would not have thought of it coming from outside the US since the US is normally the leading inventor of new technologies. I think it is great that it made it over to the States so that our students may have a more interactive learning experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome that you were able to watch footage of the activ board in use. I read an article but felt that I need to experience it to be able to know for sure if I like how it operates in comparison to the Smartboard.
ReplyDelete