Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reflection #6

WOW! My head is still spinning from all that I learned about the ActivBoard tonight. I love how when you are working with the board only the pen can make a mark and so your hand touching the board will not mess up how you write. I enjoyed seeing how easy it looked to use the technology and how much Mrs. Adair is able to incorporate the technology into the curriculum. The set-up of the activBoard was interesting because it has it's own computer and she has her "control area" right next to the board so she can be in front of the class and is able to just get up and work on the board. The board has it's own keyboard and mouse both are wireless meaning she can walk around the room and click through the lesson without having to stand behind a table. But even though I enjoyed the ActivBoard there are some advantages to the Smartboard. For example, you can erase a small area on the SmartBoard easier by circling it with the eraser and then tapping the center. I did think it was amazing that the school district has all the curriculum online so that the teachers can copy it and incorporate into their flipcharts. Seeing the flipcharts that was pretty cool too because they would transition from one page to the next in different ways. When is came to the response controllers I think the ones for the SmartBoard are more interactive and have more possibilities for various uses because it has True and False, letters, and numbers. While the "eggs" only have letters. Either way I think I would not mind working on either of the boards, I feel that it will be amazing, hard work, yet fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment