Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reflection #7

WOW! So I did my lesson about adding fractions with uncommon denominators and as I was using the SmartBoard the technology decided to test my knowledge on how to fix the technology while still continuing the lesson. The first bump in the lesson came when I asked a student (one of my peers) to pull the first tab, but it would not move. As I looked at the computer screen I discovered that somehow unknown to me, that the tab was facing the opposite direction meaning we could not pull it out. Ok so I said from memory what was on the tab. Then as I went to model the math problem the board was not callobrated correctly (at the time I did not know how to callobrate the board) so I moved to the whiteboard. From this experience I have learned that even though I might have double checked my programs prior to using them they sometimes still want to be annoying and when that happens make sure you know what else is at your fingertips so you may continue the lesson. I still feel like this was my best lesson and so far the most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment