After reading this article about using podcasts I feel that I have a new area in technology to learn
and become familiar with so that I might grab the attention of my "tech savvy" students when they are in my classroom. From this article, my imagination started to think creatively on how to incorporate this technology into my teaching. One subject that it would be great for is the spelling words for the week, by creating a podcast of the spelling words the students could hear how the words are spoken and even hear a sentence in how the word is used properly. They could even practice spelling them without having their paper there to tempt them to peek at the words. It would also help the parents if they are also learning English and are not sure how to say the words, they can learn right along with their child.
When the students need to practice for a presentation they could record themselves and then play it back to hear how they sound and to be able to improve their speech skills. I feel that I can go on forever typing about how great podcasts will be in the classroom, but I will leave your own imagination to work the gears and see how you also may use podcasting in your classroom.
If you are interested in the article I read Podcasting in the Classroom: A Sound Success
Riddle, Johanna. "Podcasting in the Classroom: A Sound Success." MultiMedia & Internet@Schools 17.1 (2010): 23-26. Education Research Complete. EBSCO. Web. 2 Feb. 2010.
NETS-Teacher
Standard 2: "Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments."
I feel that I still have much to learn about the technology that I will be using in my classroom and I want to be proficient using the technology so that my students might learn from my example and not feel that I do not understand technology. My goal is for my students to understand how technology may enhance their learning and how they may incorporate technology into their own creative ideas So that I may be able to help each student in the areas in which they are struggling, in a learning technique that is focused to how they learn, to personalize the learning to the students
My Plan...
- by using technology in my methods class and incorporating the smart board into my lessons
- learning more about the various technologies available to help enhance learning and teaching
- and figuring out ways to incorporate all the various learning syles
NETS-Students
I feel the 6th standard is very important. This standard, "Technology Operations and Concepts" deals with the students learning to understand technology systems and how to use them, how to use applications effectively and productively, they will learn to troubleshoot and how to connect current knowledge to new technologies.
One assignment that will accomplish this standard is by completing a research/newspaper assignment in which the students will use databases to complete the research on their topic and then write a one to two page word document about the topic using columns, inserting pictures and various other formatting abilities in word.
A second assignment would be a period in which the students learn what is on the computers and what their purpose is on the computer. The students could explore the various office programs and try to discover what they are used for, then see if they were on the right track in a group discussion. They can explore the desktop icons and where they lead to and how to use them. After letting the students explore for a while have them focus in to you and ask them what they learned and what questions they have about what they found. Then go over what they will need to know well for classroom work (optional).
No comments:
Post a Comment