I believe that technology will truly help the students to grow more in their education and lead them down new creative and exciting paths as they go through their life's journey. I also believe that it is important for them to understand the other part of life in which they leave technology on the table and explore ways that do not need technology. For example, actually looking at real life objects and hands-on lessons, learning how to look up a word in a physical dictionary, which will help them locate letters from the alphabet without having to sing the song to know where to find the first letter in the word. I know that the technology will make learning more fun and that the students and the teacher will have an amazing time with the technology. I do have a "traditional" part to me though as well, for example I feel that it is important that students know how to write neatly so that others may read it...Story time...
When I took the SAT we were required to write in cursive that we understood the terms of the tests and copy the sentence in regards to the fact that we understood what was said to us prior to taking the test. Well some people had a very difficult time with this and the teacher overseeing the test has to show some students cursive letters (that's not too bad) but one gentleman couldn't remember any of this skill and ended up printing the rest of the sentence.
I feel there needs to be a mixture of technology and some "old school" because some students will have that need to write or get away from technology for a while. I know that I would not be able to live without my technology today and I want my students to understand the new technology but also know what was before it, how it developed, and to know that they carry it's future in their hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment